Monday 30 July 2012

Our Phone Talks

For Mother's Day Rene bought me a new set of phones. At first I thought...well, that's just an excuse to get our home something that we kind of needed (our old ones would hold a charge for all of a 3 hours and we'd often be running around the house just looking for one that was charged). But, wow, I love MY new phones!!!! And to top it all off, I splurged on the weekend and signed up for call display and call answer. I was tired of having to be polite to telemarketers. I just don't feel right hanging up or being smart with them, after all, they're just trying to put food on their table and buy their kids shoes. But really, we don't need new windows or doors, we don't need our ducts clean and for frozen meat purposes we're vegetarian (the only lie I allow myself to politely excuse myself from those phone calls). The best one was The Department of Security calling to confirm we had a home security system, so happy that they care.

So, I was kind of excited for our first phone call.  The phone rang and as I went to go "look" to see who was calling, lo-and-behold, my phones told me who was calling. (turns out it was a recorded Bell message asking me to take a survey on how their service was, is that ironic?)

Now when the phone rings we all sit waiting in anticipation of how it's going to pronounce the name. I don't see this being entertaining in the long run but we'll take what we can get now. I know we're about 10 years behind the times technology speaking but we're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment