Friday 12 October 2012

Anything is Possible at Erica's House

I love how much the girls love their extended family. A trip to Addison's is like a trip to Disney World (only a lot closer and a lot cheaper). And those parents of hers are pretty fun too. Grandma's house has Treehouse, need I say more? A trip to Montreal means I'll only see them appear at dinner and Grandmama and Grandpapa's house has their favourite flowers named after each of them.

Every now and then I can talk Erica into taking one or more of the girls for a sleepover. A day at Erica's often means a trip to McDonald's and time to be spoiled on their own. They get their own room, pick what they want to watch on t.v. and walk a dog that won't pull them off their feet (although that little Georgia is stronger than she looks).

Tonight was Evelyn's turn. Over dinner, once I realized Erica wasn't working tomorrow, I discreetly asked if she wanted to take Evelyn for the night. Amelia was off at a birthday party and Audree had already had a turn (she hasn't offered to take Lucienne yet, not sure why). When Erica asked Evelyn if she'd like to sleep over she got the cutest grin, hopped down from the dinner table, gave me a kiss and said "bye Mom". She wasn't leaving any room for us to change our minds. She had her bag packed in record time (I wish I could figure out how to get that to happen for school mornings) and was pulling Erica out the door.

Erica had a Scentsy party to go which made Evelyn feel very grown up and special to attend. There was a neighbour garage sale to help out with in the morning and who knows what other adventures. I did get a hopeful phone call Evelyn late morning asking if she could get bangs cut into her hair (something she's been asking for weeks but I just haven't had the time to do anything about).

Perhaps Erica will write a blog about their fun-filled day? (hint, hint)

No comments:

Post a Comment